Monday, March 18, 2013

       About over a week ago now I was doing homework with my first grader. I could tell that she was rushing through too eager to get to watching the TV. I stated to her that homework should be her priority. She innocently responded by asking "whats a priority?" The best example off the top of my head  was to say a priority is the most important thing. So I continue by saying homework is a priority because its the most important thing. Later on that evening my husband pointed out to me that priorities change. And that indeed homework was important but it isn't a priority, its a value. A value is apart of ones make up/character, it doesn't change. For example, homework is a value because it's always important and that doesn't change. On the other hand, something may come up that needs to be taken care of before you do your homework, and those are priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment