Wednesday, February 20, 2013

  My little cousins birthday was coming up and she stopped by my house on her way to the tattoo shop.I cannot tell a lie and say that I even remember what she told me she was going to get because I was so amazed by the dialogue that followed.She told me she was getting the bottom of her belly button pierced and a tattoo. It just seem like the right thing to do, which is asking her if her mother was aware of all this. She shook her head to reply yes.She's about 5'10, her weave lays all the way down her back, and she's only 15. I asked her, why was she getting the bottom of her belly button pierced? She shut my mouth and told me, she already had the top pierced. Did I already let you know she was 15? When I was growing up my mother didn't allow me to wear any type of fake hair. When or if we do allow our daughters to wear extensions, what length is appropriate? Should we allow our children to ink their bodies permanently, to suffice a phase they may be going through temporarily? Do we unknowingly promote the very thing we don't want our daughters to be? Too grown. I call it trendy parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment